Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jess & Kat's Wedding, The Log Cabin, San Francisco, CA

Over the past 7 years, I have photographed over 250 weddings and I have watched the expression of two peoples' love take all different shapes and forms. On Monday June 16th, 2008 I waited for the doors of San Francisco's City Hall to open so that I could have the honor of being one of the first wedding photographers in San Francisco to show my support of same sex marriage. But, shortly after, those doors we're closed; until June 26th, 2013 when the ban on same sex marriage in California was deemed unconstitutional. It's difficult to articulate the tremendous sense of joy I felt when I heard that same sex marriage was finally legalized in my home state. I am so proud to be a supporter of same sex equality and grateful that I can be part of a movement towards the historical evolution of acceptance and love that will make this world a better place. It is therefore with humbling excitement that I release these images of Jessica & Katrina's marriage as my very first post-DOMA same sex wedding blog. 

Jess & Kat truly made me feel like I was part of their family. After meeting them at their gorgeous condo, we decided to take our time and enjoy the day by photographing at some of their favorite places including Dolores Park, City Hall and The Cliff House. It was a splendid San Francisco day with unusually sunny skies city wide, including the Presidio where the ceremony was held at the Log Cabin. Chanda Monique Daniels, from  A Monique Affair, did a phenomenal job (as always) coming up with amazing details, including table cards with a tribute to Michael Schwab's state park designs. It was as an amazing and inspiring day as I could have imagined, but one of my greatest pleasures was listening to Judge Thelton E. Henderson as the wedding officiant. He is a pioneer of civil rights in our judicial system and a friend of Jessica's father the Honorable Joe Hilberman. I am honored to have met them both. This was a very special wedding for me, and again, my infinite thanks, gratitude and congratulations to Jess & Kat! 
 
Thelton E. Henderson
Thelton E. Henderson
Thelton E. Henderson
Thelton E. Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment