Monday, August 18, 2014

Janice & Adrian, Paradise Ridge Winery, Sonoma, CA

Janice & Adrian were a joy to work with. They came to me via Ali DiLuvio, planner extraordinaire, whom I've had the pleasure of working with now on quite a few style shoots and weddings. The day started in a flurry but it was all laughs straight from the beginning. I loved Janice & Adrian's anime theme, tiffany-blue color story, and personal DIY details throughout the wedding; but the touch that took the cake, was their altar creation of 1,000 paper cranes. After months of meticulous work creating each crane with family and friends, the final effect was unlike anything I've ever seen. This tour de force offered one of the most unique collaborative art works I've ever had the opportunity to photograph at a wedding. It was a real act of love. And the love must have been acknowledged by the powers that be! With breath-catching luck, the second we set foot on Paradise Ridge's property, there, in the woods, was a crane! Snap! Snap! Ugh, perfection! If that wasn't a good sign, I can't imagine what would be considered one. Paradise Ridge, was, as always, stunning. The venue is filled with sculptural art, vineyards and barrel rooms, and offers such a remarkable slew of photographic opportunities that I'm always spinning with ideas. The florals by Wine Country Flowers were, as always, incredible. Great venue, great touches, amazing staff, and awesome clients! All in all, I'd say that it was a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment