Friday, April 17, 2015

Lauren & Brad's Engagement, Sutro Baths, San Francisco, CA

Lauren & Brad are good friends of mine, so it was no surprise that photographing them made me happier than a 5 year old at recess after eating a pound of chocolate. Our afternoon really wasn't so much an engagement session than an radical adventure at the Sutro Baths. It was really so much fun, and I am overjoyed and so excited to be shooting their upcoming wedding. The day of the shoot, as they put it, was a blustery day, but even though San Francisco's weather was being a bit temperamental, we took on the challenge, and ultimately got some really original photography out of it. My approach was to let them do their thing without much direction and just allow them to warm up to the idea of having me behind the camera. I also knew I could be a little more artistic, so I decided to take a few more chances with my approach. I really wanted to focus more on the feel of the shoot rather than making sure I hit the traditional must have shots, and at the end of the day I really think I got that. Lauren & Brad are into music and architecture, and have a wonderful sense of style, independently and as a couple. They're adventurers and entrepreneurs, so it was a goal of mine to reflect their personalities in my photography that day. I am so privileged that they are part of my life, and that I get to be a part of theirs. Thanks L&B, I'm looking forward to the next expedition. Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment