Monday, July 20, 2015

Newborn Shoot: Baby Jane at Five Weeks

Oh, little Baby Jane! What a wonderful treat to have been invited for this shoot. Emily & James have been working with me now since 2012, and I feel unbelievably lucky to continue being a part of their lives and getting to know their newest addition. I really feel like we've developed a friendship over the last few years, which makes shoots like this one so powerful for me. As usual, I did a mix of styled and photojournalistic photography. I loved the blue green wall in the nursery, which worked really nicely as a backdrop in a few pics. I also adore Emily's openness in allowing me to post the beautiful pic of her breastfeeding Janey. Obviously, this may be a touch controversial for some, but my mind on this issue is pretty clear. Women are beautiful creatures and no part of us should ever be hidden or criticized; this our ability- to create, nurture and love. Enjoy everyone! And thanks to Emily, James & Janey. Y'all touch my heart xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment